1. Work Experience
07/2019 – present: Software Developer at Polit-X, Berlin
06/2016 – 06/2019: Student Employee at The Institute for Educational Quality Improvement (IQB), Berlin
- Worked on a project to create an online computer-based assessment system for school children. Was responsible for developing and writing the code for the visual editor tool and the exercise rendering component. The project followed an agile approach and the code was published under an open-source license.
- Maintained and developed the IT infrastructure (software and hardware) of the research institute, as part of the EDV (IT) team
In addition, I also contributed to developing the system as a whole and helped manage its technical aspects during the testing process.
An online version of the exercise authoring tool is available here. In addition, a demo version of the system as a whole is available here.
02/2014 – 10/2017: Founder at hdclassicalmusic.com
Founded a project that aimed to make the great works of classical music available to everyone in the world for free, to use in their own projects and to enjoy.
An overview of what the website contained is still available on the Internet Archive’s WaybackMachine here. Currently only the Youtube channel remains operational, with a small selection of some of the best pieces published over the course of the project.
Notable features achieved over time:
- Over 2,000,000 website views by listeners from over 180 countries
- The website was available in up to 48 languages
- Customizable personal radios based on a selection of one’s favorite composers
- Dynamic radios for a certain genre (studying, relaxing, etc.) that continuously improved using a genetic algorithm
- Search function which accounted for phonetic similarity, so as to allow for misspelling of a composer’s name
- Custom-made load-balancing and caching functionality so as to support thousands of visitors per day on an affordable shared hosting service
09/2014 – 05/2016: Freelance work
Worked as a freelancer for various clients.
2. Technical Skills
Experience with– Full stack development
– Algorithmic thinking
– Object oriented programming
– Model-View-Controller pattern
– Reactive programming
– Code refactoring
– Optimizing large projects
– Computer systems security
— jQuery, jQuery UI
— Angular 2+
Backend development– PHP
Databases– MySQL, PostgreSQL
Server technologies— Apache
Windows development.NET Framework
— Visual Basic
General programming— Pascal
Working in teams– Version control
– Team coordination tools
– Agile development
- First Prize at the “GREPIT” National Contest of Creation and Development in IT, fifth edition, “Website
Design & Development” section, Ipotești, Romania, 2010
Later invited to help organize future editions of the contest. I was a member of the organizing team for the sixth and seventh edition, and also a member of the jury for the “Website Design & Development” section during the sixth edition of the contest.
- Excellence Diploma awarded by the Romanian Government, for the achievements in the domain of education and the position of excellence held among national olympiad participants, awarded due to the performance in the Romanian National Informatics Olympiad, 2008
- First Prize at the The National Exhibition of Creation and Invention for Youth (Salonul Național de Creație și Inventică pentru Tineret), awarded for a video streaming application that enabled remote learning, Bucharest, Romania, 2007
|10/2015 – est. 09/2021||Humboldt Universität zu Berlin|
|B.A. Philosophy and Economics|
- Romanian – native language
- English – European level C1 (CAE – A; TOEFL – 118/120)
- German – European level C1 (DSH-3)
6. InterestsIn addition to my interest in Computer Science (algorithms, software architecture and development, machine learning, AI), I am also passionate about Philosophy (ethics, epistemology, philosophy of mind, philosophy of science), World History, Mathematics, Physics and making the world a better and kinder place to live in.
A PDF version of the CV is available here.